Switched On Lotus

Hebrew letter is Cheth meaning fence. Strangely while I was painting this card an article entitled “Good Fences Make Good Neighbours” appeared in my inbox courtesy of Jonathon Zap. It summed up the meaning of this card perfectly.
Dear Mr Zap! He has been a huge inspiration to me!

He quotes Jung here:

In Mysterium Coniunctionis, Jung wrote:

“You too are infected with this collective sickness. Therefore bethink you for once…and consider: What is behind all this desirousness? …The more you cling to that which all the world desires, the more you are Everyman, who has not yet discovered himself and stumbles through the world like a blind man leading the blind with somnambulistic certainty into the ditch. Everyman is a multitude. Cleanse your interest of that collective sulfur which clings to all like a leprosy…This means burning in your own fire and not being like a comet or flashing beacon showing others the right way but not knowing it yourself.”

This pretty much sums up the lessons this card held for me.

I’m finding it extraordinarily hard to say anything sensible about this card. I suppose its obvious anyway. She is my spell of becoming.

It was influenced by the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying. This book taught me the value of open eyed meditation. And after all, its crazy to go to war half asleep with your eyes shut.

12 responses

1. I love this! The color palette is dreamy, the ocean greens and blues. And that quote from Jung, “…burning in your own fire.” That’s going to resonate in my head. I may have to do that one in calligraphy and frame it.

September 16, 2010 at 2:10 am

2. I’m happy you like it! 🙂
    Your encouragement is much appreciated.

September 16, 2010 at 8:32 am

3. I always look forward to seeing the next one! 🙂 I’m subscribed to your blog to be sure I don’t miss any.

September 17, 2010 at 2:23 am

4. paikea

love the colors! – these are so pretty!

September 17, 2010 at 1:16 pm

• thanks! 🙂
      It’s good to have other peoples opinions and feedback as it’s so hard to be objective!

September 17, 2010 at 2:48 pm

• paikea

hehe – i’m not super objective on those colors – they’re paua shell colors, which is my favorite color combination 🙂

September 17, 2010 at 4:00 pm

• Oh how strange..I had to google paua shell and it is amazingly similar! Its that pinky purple…as soon as I added it the whole card came alive.

September 18, 2010 at 5:50 pm

5. paikea

yup – that’s pretty cool, really:) – it’s a rather hypnotic color palette – right now, as a matter of fact, i am wearing a paua shell inlay silver necklace – that stuff is popular in NZ – i love it!

September 18, 2010 at 9:35 pm

6. I remember the original colour scheme for this one and I love what you’ve finished with. It’s much more cohesive and (as a Cancerian) I really like how you’ve captured the zodiacal connection of this card. I have trouble understanding the Chariot from an astrological point, but this _fits_. That little bit of pink lotus in the middle pulls it all together – beautiful!

October 13, 2010 at 2:04 pm